Personal Development - I Believe I Am Therefore I Can

December 8, 2010

Is A Company That Asks You To Pay To Work For Them Genuine?

When looking for an online Home Business opportunity, you want the fakes revealed. I don’t know about you, but I am a skeptic on the internet. The one thing that I am incurably skeptical and suspicious about is online work from home businesses. I have a theory about them. You see, when this brand of business first started, some ten or maybe five years ago (actually I think ten is more accurate), we knew very little about the internet. The internet then was the play field of all those unpopular kids in school that wore glasses for spectacles (because the lenses were so thick we mockingly described them as glass), and had braces for as long as we could remember them.

Now they were having the last laugh because they beat us all by grades, not just a grade, in math, and were going on unchecked to take over our lives by introducing a queer looking machine created by their queer abilities to do strange things with figures and calling it DOS. Yeah! You remember those days of the black screen and green text boxes! Yetch! Computers then were ugly; the same word we had used on their creators for years. Oh yes! They were having the last laugh.
------------------
Related articles:
Top Ten Work From Home and Home Based Business Scams
The Scam Busters Site

Suggested Places to Check if business is a scam:
Virtual Assistants Forum

----------------------


A few of them, I think, were actually angry at the world and made a vow to make us all pay for the years they felt left out and unloved. The really nutty crew came up with viruses and all things that crash your computer, and the not so angry ones, those we had occasionally sneaked into our family parties saying peer ridicule be damned, came up with work from home business and called them typing work from home business.

Many of those were frauds, and I still think many are frauds today. I am not certain, but I like to use my own 'Paula Litmus' on any work from home business or online work from home opportunity in a simple way. Here is Paula logic; what company worth the ink used to write its name would ask me to pay to work for them?

For starters, if I am paying, then it means I am the piper and they ought to sing my tune. Secondly, if I am paying, why on earth are they getting a cut out of that which I have paid to do? It works for me in the brick and mortar world and it works for me online.

I live in a country with a pretty high corruption index on the world map. Here, we know an officer is fraudulent when they ask for an amount of money upfront to help you get a job. To me, the same rule applies. When I was looking for online freelance outsourcing portals, I encountered one that was charging the freelancers, (and it was a shameless subscription though I forget whether it was annual or monthly). Are you nuts? Where on earth do you charge the worker? It means as long as I am paying your bugger subscription, you can create non-existent employers who will never hire me! I quickly moved on to the next outsourcing company, and their name is all over this site, because their offer was genuine.

If you want to join Paula Logic in assessing the authenticity of a work from home opportunity, please feel welcome. As long as a company is charging the worker to do their sales as in pay to become their affiliate, pay to type, fill adverts, read adverts (another crazy scam), write adverts or pay to give whatever other service, I stay clear off them. Case closed!

Related articles:
Top Ten Work From Home and Home Based Business Scams
The Scam Busters Site


Suggested Places to Check if business is a scam:
Virtual Assistants Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment