Personal Development - I Believe I Am Therefore I Can

January 10, 2012

How To Make Money Online From Your Blog


One of the best ways to make money online from your blog and from home is to turn your blog into an income source. The principle is really not very new. If you pick up any hard-copy newspaper or magazine you will find that there is space that is purchased by advertisers to say their piece through the magazine or newspaper.

The only key difference with the online system is that the opportunity to make money online from your blog is much greater because you can start a blog on virtually any topic that catches your fancy. That said, there are two main challenges of starting a blog with the intention of making money from it. The first challenge is that you will need to develop a reading audience. Traffic, as readers are called online, is an important part of the game.

The second challenge is to be actually found by search engines to ensure your blog comes
up when people search whatever you are writing about. The third related challenge is to ensure that your work is written both for search engines and for a human audience. The balance between those two is a skill, and you can develop it with time.

However, as this article is titled, how do you make money online from your blog? I want to suggest two things that you can do to monetize your blog and turn it into a source of income.

1.    Sell a service through your writing:

You can make money online from your blog by developing a category where you sell a specific service to an audience that is relevant to what you can do. To give my own example, I write articles for freelance writers and authors because I am a writer both by training and by pleasure. I can tell you, just from the articles on writing on this blog, I have earned many a dollars.

Think through what you are good at, that may be totally unrelated to what you set out to write about and turn that into a series of articles. For instance, when I started a blog, my intention was to speak about Personal Development because that is an area I am very passionate about. Then I discovered there was a market for writers and added it here. 

2.    Affiliate marketing:

The products that are up for affiliate marketing through which you can make money online from your blog are almost limitless. The basic principle of affiliate marketing is you earn a percentage of the sale on any sale you generate. Affiliate opportunities are of two types: those that need very little input from you, and those that require more effort from you to make you money.

Pay per click advertising , text link advertising , and contextual ads  are three that need little input from you. All you need to do is get the information from the company, plaster it on your blog and be on your way. Will you start to immediately make money online from your blog this way? Yes! Good money? Highly unlikely unless you have serious numbers reading you daily already.

Specifically promoting products will require a lot more of your effort, but it will likely earn you some reasonable amounts even if you do not have incredible numbers in traffic. The main thing there is persistence and clear knowledge of what you are doing.

When I first came into the blogging and online money world, I was as newbie as any newbie ever was, and I was super broke. So basically I needed companies that would do two things for me; train me for free, allow me to join their program for free, and not require me to have high ratings. With that criterion in hand I have encountered many, but my best two over time have remained:

1.    The Google Affiliate Network 
2.    Triple Clicks Marketing   

From either one of these you can select what you want to promote from their database, put in some code on your blog, throw around more content on the internet favoring these products and you will make money online using your blog.

Related Articles:
How to optimize your blog for search engines (coming soon)
Pay Per Click (PPC) monetization options for your blog (coming soon)

An unpaid review of Liz Tomey Making Money Online (coming soon)



Recommended Products
Making money online by Liz Tomey - one of the leading online marketing gurus

No comments:

Post a Comment